Saturday, December 18, 2010

Reflections on the Final Projects

Wow! I was truly blown away by some of the creative ideas and sheer talent of my classmates. I felt really proud of our presentation, and thought it might be one of the best, but I was really surprised. I felt like almost everyone did an excellent job. I thought some of the classmates would have slacked off because of the lack of guidelines in the project, but that absolutely wasn't the case.

I was really impressed by many of the ideas, specifically the use of body parts to lead dance and to augment the use of hand signs when doing solfege in class. The videos were also very clever and interesting. I was especially surprised by Peter's group's project. I knew they were being secretive about the reason they were asking us such odd questions, but I never considered that they'd switch the meaning of our statements. I thought it was kind of funny, but I can see how some might take offense to it. Still, it was a meaningful message: with all the capabilities of technology these days, anything can be altered however the media wants. We saw it done with speech, but it can easily be done with videos and pictures as well. It makes you wonder how much of what you see and hear is really true....

No comments:

Post a Comment