Saturday, December 18, 2010

Final Project Update #2

So I composed a 3-minute composition on Garageband and sent it to the girls. I wrote three different sections that were completely unrelated....I wouldn't quite consider it a great piece of music, but I wanted to give the girls a few different moods to dance with.

We also filmed all the dance numbers by this point. The girls got access to the dance studio and played my composition over the speaker. We used a point-and-shoot camera to film everything, and we started with the group choreographed section. Then, each of the girls got to do their interpretation of the dance in front of the camera once. For some other shots, all three girls danced together at the same time while I walked around with the camera, changing focus between the three of them.

Sabrina did the editing in iMovie, and we realized that because we picked up the camera each time to check the video, the camera angle was slightly different each time, which made the transitions a little rocky. I wanted to add some animated transitions to hide them, but the girls liked the amateur effect, so we kept it.

Sabrina sent the file to me because her old version of iMovie didn't have all the color schemes that I did. So I edited it again, putting the entire thing in vignette, and then switching to B&W when it came to the slow section. At the choreographed scene, I changed to a blurry, somewhat dreamy filter, which mirrored the dreamy feel of the music. I think it looks great, and I can't wait until we present!

No comments:

Post a Comment