Saturday, December 18, 2010

Final Project Update

We threw some great ideas around for our final project. I suggested that maybe I should compose something that they dance to, as a very rough idea. I thought composing something using GarageBand exclusively would be an interesting way to show the potential of the software for everyone (even those who have never composed before).

With my GarageBand composition as the basis, we decided to film the three girls in the group doing their own improvised interpretation of my music. We thought we could use iMovie to cut between each interpretation in an interesting way. The girls then had a great idea to have all three of them come together at the end to do a choreographed section. It sort of morphed into this interesting juxtaposition of composition and improvisation, using my composition as the medium. I'm excited to see how it looks once we film everything and get it into iMovie.

No comments:

Post a Comment