Monday, December 20, 2010

Comments on Classmates' Websites

I looked at everyone's webpage, and a few really stood out to me as really impressive. First was Kristina Walton's. The home page design was very sophisticated and advanced. It seems like she had some prior experience with HTML, because she incorporated elements into the page that we didn't learn in class, like embedded Myspace videos. It looks like she added a background, but had all of her text and embedded videos in a table? When I looked at the source code, I saw she used things like "div" and "sidebar", which were definitely beyond the scope of this class. The page looks great, though, and I hope I can learn to make my page look as fresh and new as hers.
https://files.nyu.edu/kjw298/public/

Kimberly Gower's webpage also caught my eye. It also looks extremely clean and fresh, but is much less complicated in design. I saw her page a few weeks ago and decided to steal a few of her ideas. My home page was very full of information, but I decided to simplify it like hers because it was much more inviting. I like her use of font and color, and her Tech Resources page is very straightforward. Her decision to keep the background black made it very simple, clean and easy to maneuver.
https://files.nyu.edu/kng235/public/

Cynthia Brown's page was also very appealing to me. The homepage was extremely inviting, and her main image is beautiful. She also uses a really nice font throughout her pages. Each page had her own personality in it, which I could tell from her selection of photos and text. I especially loved the photo she chose for the images assignment, because the colors lend themselves well to alteration in Photoshop. Overall, it's a great looking page!
https://files.nyu.edu/crb355/public/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment